In-tank fuel pump

-
I am running a Tanks Inc factory tank with the electric fuel pump int the tank for my FI tech fuel injection. Sorry not carbureted but love the fact I never run out of fuel pressure/flow.

I am running a Tanks Inc. tank with a fuel injection pump but I am also running carbs and this is how i did it.

my car had a 3/8 fuel line and a 1/4 vapor return line stock so what I did was remove the 1/4 inch vapor return line to the tank while keeping the 3/8 line then i ordered a pre bent 1/2 fuel line from fine lines and installed the 1/2 inch line, so now i have a 1/2 line for fuel delivery from the tank to a pressure regulator and a 3/8 line from the regulator back to the tank. From there I installed a Aeromotive pressure regulator with gauge and the pressure regulator came with two different internal springs so you can set up the pressure regulator to be used with either EFI or carbs so I installed the proper spring for my six barrel carbs adjusted the pressure regulator to 6 psi and I have had no problems.

Are any of you guy running an in-tank or in-cell fuel pump with a carb?

not a big deal to do. no different really then a external pump except its out of the way inside the tank. regulate it down to the PSI ya need, run a return line and all is good like devilchicken did..

Well, what brand of pump, size of pump? And if they’re happy with their set-up?

Aeomotive A1000.

Very happy.

Save some money and buy the right size pump for your application.

I have a holley sniper in-cell fuel pump module. 340 lph. Seems to be a nice piece. Have not installed it yet. I need to plumb the return line as well. Thought about -8 supply line and a -6 return.

-
Back