Indecicive??

-

Daz570

Thread Inturpreter
Reaction score
I've been pondering over the last few days..

To do something naasty to one of my toys, thing is the two cars i'm looking at are both numbers cars, and a bit hard to find around these parts.

I've been looking for something different, an avenue i haven't attempted yet, then this came along at the right price;
Picture349.jpg

it appears to be a split pulse ball bearing t04 (gt4082) which should be good for roughly a five litre combination (pardon the basic parameters).

The candidates so far are;

e48013.jpg
e48016.jpg

My E48 charger, a six pack (tripple 45mm webers) 265 4 speed car, one of around 150 odd made and one of around 3 left in this colour, I've been having dramas finding a matching numbers block for the vehicle, so am thinking about throwing a standard compression 265 hemi in it with the necesary plumbing, single point injection and turbo to give the purists and numbers geeks the ***** :) (bearing in mind everything here is reversable and bolt on)

Picture002.jpg

Or my faithfull 67 Vc v8 Val, a 273 torkflight car that's been getting tired for a few years now, although there is a 360 sitting in the shed doing nothing for now and i'm assuming this turbo would make a nice addition to the combination:D.

But, there is another contendor here now that i think about things...

van.jpg

a 77 sportspack pannelvan (265 4 speed) that was bought as a work van/backup work van that needs a little bit of tlc, plan would be for turbo dedicated lpg. (it does have a certain 'sleeper' apeal in my impression)

Thoughts, theories and feedback would be much appreciated?

Dan.

LOL, choice choices choices....I like the yella one.

1 Vote for the Panelvan! Would love to see a few GM and Ford's get blown away at the lights by one !

It's an option when you first create a thread, click edit, go advanced and scroll down on the page to see if you can back track to get it.

nope, i can't access one, is there a mod here that can attatch?

cheers,

The input from this thread WILL determine the project that will be documented here.

Dan.

I Vote For The Panel Van...That's ONE BAD MUTHA.......

As you say..it's just an add-on that can be reversed at anytime...As long as you aint cuttin or weldin anything to the Body anywhere..

SS:thumbup::headbang:

ok, sounds like the van's the way to go :)

I picked it up yesterday, the previous owner started a resto on the vehicle since original photo's then lost interest.

so; tailgate skin was off, plenumn was unpicked, quite a few lower quarter rust repairs were done, with one left.

heres, part of todays progress.

starting point (drove on and off the trailer like this just fine..)
Picture266.jpg

plenum's still out :)
Picture265.jpg

passenger side shroud tigged back in place and cold galvanised,
Picture262.jpg

next step is tacking in the replacement end caps for the chamber, made by the previous owner (made by hand, the bloke pays so much attention to detail for a no name car, it's amazing)
Picture264.jpg

ok, heading back outside now that i'm motivated :)

Dan.

see, this kind of thing amuses me no end, to pay so much attention to an area that probably won't ever be seen (hopefully) like this deserves credit, from memory, there was a hole the size of a 50 cent coin here, back to factory, hardly a telltale..
Picture267.jpg

Panel Van and Sleeper ALL THE WAY! One question...you said Turbo and LPG. Is that Liquid Propane Gas? Good luck with it.

j

propane gas / liquified petrolium gas (theres a $2000 government rebate here to fit it, I like the irony of the government funding a hoon car, which they're trying to stop as well :D)

Dan.

-
Back