Indianapolis 500

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
has anyone been ,or going.I just recieved 2 tickets in the paddock,so I am thinking about going.Ive never been to an Indy car race.(Ive been to Daytona several times,and to the Brickyard 400 once)I heard its a totally different scene...................................................................Jeff

If you haven't been to a race there yet, go you need to experience it at least once in a life time..

I agree, it's an amazing experience. Take some ear plugs or head phones. I was surprised how narrow the track is down the front stretch.

I guess it's like trying to describe the Grand Canyon, ya gotta go see it for yourself.

Been to the track at Indy, but only for the museum and the track tour. Would love to see the 500 sometime.
Been to numerous Indycar races, first at the old Ontario Raceway here in SoCal and also to several races at Fontana. It's amazing how much faster they are than NASCAR. Also how quickly they come apart when they hit the wall.
You gotta go!

Growing up in Indy been many times

The weather might be iffy this weekend, but yes it is something to see once.

I'm not a big fan but lots to do with politics at the track, but not just indy car but all forms of racing.

A friends daughter use to date a crew chief and he is working on the letterman Rahul team this year

Plan on lots of walking, parking is a pain and getting there gridlock

We have went out and parked in yard on 30th street close to the entrance the night before so we could get in early. But we didn't have tickets just going to the infield.

They have made some changes to them roads around the track and I haven't been the since they made the changes, maybe it will be better.

Night before the race I use to cruise speedway, it is a BIG PARTY all over speedway. Campers everywhere, people (DRUNKS) everywhere, guys passing out beads for flash, Sue was shocked when the chic in the caddy convertible kept getting beads when she would stand up and flash the crowd.

Go and have a good time. Planning is very important. Send me a message if you want to know anything. I might be able to answer your questions.

-
Back