Indicators 68 Barracuda

-

Wagon of Death

Aussie Barracuda Fisherman
Reaction score
The electrics are screwed in this car and Im trying to work my way through them.The indicators dont work.Im guessing the switch at the top of the column, flicks the power to one of 2 circuits, to make left and right work...I get that....does one wire go to indicators themselves and one to the emergency flasher? I have a wiring diagram but its pretty poor...Ive already found out the flasher can Im fooling around with isnt the right one for the indicators too...steep learning curve, any thoughts gentlemen? And ladies of course :)

the turn signal flasher is on the right side of the ash tray hanger. If the signal lights outside work those in the dash should also.

Thanks Redfish...I have nothing at all with the indicators...no noise, no lights inside the car or out...I DO have power going up the column and to the indicator activator under the steering wheel

OK that flasher module is either poked into a steel clip or you'll rotate it 90 degrees to release it. I forget what year model the steel clip disappeared.

from what Ive read theres TWO flasher cans? One for indicators and one for emergency flashers?
Yes sir. The flasher module for hazard lamps is located on or at right side of the steering column support. Current heat causes these mechanical modules to open/close. Hazard is feeding all relative bulbs at 1 time so more heat. Its a different type module in a different place.

-
Back