indy block question

-

0ld school

Reaction score
starting my plans for my 68 cuda. this is going to be a street/strip car. i want 800-850 horsepower. pump gas would be nice, but can go either way. i'm thinking about an aluminum, indy low deck block. i would like a 572" motor, with b-1 heads. question is, will a low deck block take a 4.5" crank? would this combo be the way to go in my A body?

i'm sure you will need the RB block to use 4.500 stroke crank. 4.500 bore and 7.100 rod to get your 572ci. B1 heads you will have no problem making 850 to 1000 hp. the B1MC head 572 i had made 1050 hp. wes

i'm sure you will need the RB block to use 4.500 stroke crank. 4.500 bore and 7.100 rod to get your 572ci. B1 heads you will have no problem making 850 to 1000 hp. the B1MC head 572 i had made 1050 hp. wes
thanks wes. does the rb really take up that much more space? i'm thinking i'm going to need custom headers anyway...

You may want to look into a Kieth Black block. The finish machining is top of the line. The Indy finish machining should be checked carefully.

You may want to look into a Kieth Black block. The finish machining is top of the line. The Indy finish machining should be checked carefully.
thats what i've heard. i decided on an aluminum rb block. i'l make it fit. i dont know whitch one to get yet thou...

I have a world product alum block 572 the shortblock was built by muscle motors, I bought a b 1 top end package it was used but from a reputable guy, headers I got from moparts classifides, if you look around the used stuff is available at good prices, I haven't ran mine yet, with 16.1com. and alky. im hoping for 900+. the world product block comes with bushed lifter bores, indy don't, kb block are suppose to be nice but I hear the wait is quite long, if your not in a hurry go kb

Whatever you do avoid Indy and there loser general manage Josh, they hove one and only one adjenda , that is to belittle you into getting you to buy one of there overpriced complete engines ....... two words to remember Gosselin Automotive in Mass, Jim is awsome and very fare with pricing

Whatever you do avoid Indy and there loser general manage Josh, they hove one and only one adjenda , that is to belittle you into getting you to buy one of there overpriced complete engines ....... two words to remember Gosselin Automotive in Mass, Jim is awsome and very fare with pricing

you are right about Josh King......:angry7: :^o:^o

Indy service & machine work Blows! go KB and never regret it. Indy should do us all a favor and sell all their stuff to someone who cares about the customer and the product they produce. that's my 2 cents..

I think if you buy from Indy, just get it unfinished and have someone else do the machine work pretty sur you would good to go then. KB blocks are great but takes a long time to get one, could take 6 to 10 months.

I know where there is a world block from ray barton that may still be for sell..was going to build a 572 but changed plans ..let me know I can check on it for yea..:D:D:D:D

Hi.
We use a 572 RB motor in the Chally. KB block, Indy heads, Less than .750 lift, pump gas, 6700 rpm shift, 4:10 rear with 30 inch tyres. Runs 9.5's @ 140+, 3850lb race weight. Super reliable and consistent.
130409015.jpg

-
Back