Indy heads on smallblock and big solid roller cam, was liftes?

-

dvs265ap6

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, just wondering what people are using in there smallblocks with indy heads and a solid roller with over .600 thou lift? I had howads cam and lifters but i had a noise like loose rockers, found that the lifters have elongated the cup in the top of the lifter, so i was thinking to try the mrl ones but would love some other opinions, possibly guys that have used them, with indy heads, as the offset rockers and big spring pressures seems to be the problem.

What kind of spring pressure are you talking about? I don't have Indy heads (mine are Edelbrocks), but I have Comp solid roller lifters in my car. My cam is a small solid roller, spring pressure is only 185 seat 465 open. I have had no issues with mine, but my spring pressures are not too crazy with my small roller.

i have to check them yet , i installed them as per the specs at installed height of 1.9 they should be 260 on seat and 550 at peak lift.

Our lifters are the best, hands down. You wont find a higher quality lifter or ones that oil the rollers for the price. I have built many engines with these lifters with way more spring pressures with no issues. The only way to get a better lifter is to go with a Jesel.

Our SBM Pro Plus with offset intake pushrod seats will be coming out in about 8 weeks.

I am swinging over too you guys, it's just that I'm in australia and it's hard to argue it point from the other side of the world. on the other hand, if they are as good as you say i will be telling the other half the world all about them. will the pro sport be ok or will i have to buy the pro plus?

What kind of spring pressure are you talking about? I don't have Indy heads (mine are Edelbrocks), but I have Comp solid roller lifters in my car. My cam is a small solid roller, spring pressure is only 185 seat 465 open. I have had no issues with mine, but my spring pressures are not too crazy with my small roller.
The reason i said indy heads is that they are .800 offeset and the angle that the pushrods work on are insane, pushing sideways, especially with big lift, and i think that is the biggest problem with my engine.

Hi guys and girls, just wondering what people are using in there smallblocks with indy heads and a solid roller with over .600 thou lift? I had howads cam and lifters but i had a noise like loose rockers, found that the lifters have elongated the cup in the top of the lifter, so i was thinking to try the mrl ones but would love some other opinions, possibly guys that have used them, with indy heads, as the offset rockers and big spring pressures seems to be the problem.

I use the Comp 8043-16 lifter with no issues at all and they last a very long time before rebuilding is necessary.
I recommend 1.7 TD rockers on the Indy's for most builds, or Jesel with machine work to the heads for more ratio. That allows you to put more lift in the build without uncovering a galley. Just depends on what your doing..
Brian

I have a set of rectangle Indy heads on a r-block, I have a solid cam and I use diamond coated lifters from a company in Nevada, I can't remember the name off hand. I have had no problems. I use a K-motion cam.

i run herbett lifter ,with no problems with indys on sb

-
Back