Initial Holley carb setup input?

-

Dartfan71

Reaction score
I'm going to be breaking in a new motor soon and I am in the process of setting up the carb and get a good base tune and go from there. I would appreciate some input on how I should set it up. I will check vacuum once it's up and running and adjust the secondary spring from there. Car is a 71 Dodge Dart street strip. 90% street

Carb is a holley 750 vac secondary 3310-6 no adjustable secondary metering plate (may add one later)

360 KB107 zero deck .040" over
CR is 10-1
Howard's hydraulic flat tappet
Lobe Center 110
Intake CL 106 (Verified at 106)
Valve lift .531 @ 277
.547 @ 283
Gross lift .354 @ 230
.364 @ 236
2.02 J heads ported (flowing like OOB Eddys) Can't remember the flow numbers off hand
hooker comp headers
3k convertor
3.91 gears

Here is what is in the carb now
72 primary jets
31 squirter
6.5 power valve?
silver spring in vac secondary
red pump shot cam

Is this a good starting point? Oh yeah and I live at about 4,500ft elevation.

Put the short yellow spring in the vacuum secondaries so they open sooner and completely at WOT....

For initial start up you are fine.....after break in you might want to check the jets and adjust for your elevation...

just started one up last night very similar to your engine but with eddy heads on it.

Thanks Tony. Nice to hear from someone who has these 360's figured out.

Run it exactly as it was delivered for jetting from Holley. No need to do anything other than make sure the basics are covered, float level, etc.

Get it fired up to break in speed, time it to 36-38* and let it run as long as the systems are working properly.

-
Back