Inland Shifter Identification Help

-

scatpackbee

Reaction score
Hello Fellow FABO’ers,

A friend asked me to help identify a shifter he’s had in garage for many years.

I’m not that versed on Inland shifters.

Can anyone please tell me if this is a four speed shifter and if it’s for a console or non console car?

It looks like it doesn’t have the correct shifter knob and the plate that mounts to the transmission is missing too.

Thank you!

68FB1C6A-878E-42C2-BBCD-6B3DB6809884.jpeg

91635D20-999B-414E-8D0C-D1BDEDE8A177.jpeg

E5E7B679-DCC7-4CC0-9AFE-3AFC13338240.jpeg

2E8F85DF-2847-41D7-8FD0-A8DFB09C857D.jpeg

Last edited:
Geez those things were garbage. If it were a Hurst it would still be in the car and working after 57 years. :lol:

Great thread Wayne!

Mine sure does look like a non-console shifter handle compared to the bends on your handle.
They're sloppy compared to a Hurst... but considering my HP2 is a 10,000 mile car I can live with it. Only thing that I actually don't like about the shifter is the reach compared to my non-console Bee.

Geez those things were garbage. If it were a Hurst it would still be in the car and working after 57 years. :lol:
Imagine this. In GM cars, the inland shifter mounted on THE CROSS MEMBER. Can you imagine the complete disconnect THERE? LOL

They're sloppy compared to a Hurst... but considering my HP2 is a 10,000 mile car I can live with it. Only thing that I actually don't like about the shifter is the reach compared to my non-console Bee.
For a 10,000 mile original it would be a must have.

I thought it would be cool to put in my early ‘68 Barracuda which would have had that shifter handle from the factory but I’ve got a console and a NOS Hurst console shifter handle in there now. So forget it…

The Inland shifters for our Mopars are not bad at ALL compared to the GM pieces. If you've ever driven one, you know what I'm talking about. lol

Well, believe it or don't, but a LOT of Chevy guys fight each other over original Inland shifters. I actually want to be able to DRIVE my cars. lol
You could power shift into second but shifting into 3rd was like a yard stick in a 5 gallon bucket.

Im sure Im not the only one who doesn't know why.....
But why is it called an "inland" shifter?? Is that a generic term? Or was that a brand name??
TIA, Lefty71

Im sure Im not the only one who doesn't know why.....
But why is it called an "inland" shifter?? Is that a generic term? Or was that a brand name??
TIA, Lefty71
ITM. Inland Tool Manufacturing if I remember correctly.

-
Back