Inland Shifter

-

66VALIANT

Reaction score
hey , i was just wondering i heard some bad things about inland shifters is any thing true how there bad for quick shifts what else is wrong with them should i get a different one if so what one and what all do i need, its a 66 plymouth valiant. thanks guys

The Inland shifters are junk for performance driving. If you need to shift fast and accurately, get a Hurst. I have an early 68 Formula S and to regain the stock look I reinstalled my Inland in place of a Hurst comp plus. The hurst is so much better I can’t put it into words. If you insist on running the Inland like I have, you will need to play with it to get as much of the slop out of everything as you can. After much work on the rods and bushings mine now shifts just “OK”. With the Hurst I can shift fast with confidence. With the Inland I can also shift fast but need to concentrate on every move.

If you decide to replace that old Inland with a Hurst let me know. I'll buy it from you if it's the same one for a 66 Dart. Does your Valliant have a consoe? My dart has a Hurst (great shifter!) but it's supposed to have an Inland. toolmanmike

-
Back