Inland to Hust w pistol grip conversion?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
What all parts are neccessary to convert an inland shifter to the hurst shifter that accepts the pistol grip?

Do you need just the hurst shifter mechanism or do you need the shift levers too?

Does anyone sell a complete package deal?

A body A-833. 67 cuda.

I believe you would need the Hurst rods as well.
Maybe you can give there tech center a call or E-mail.
Whats the name of the shifter they make for the 833 ? Hurst Competition ?

Definately would be a upgrade over the old Inland shifter !

I believe you would need the Hurst rods as well.
Maybe you can give there tech center a call or E-mail.
Whats the name of the shifter they make for the 833 ? Hurst Competition ?

Definately would be a upgrade over the old Inland shifter !

Definitely, although I never had a problem with it.

You will need everything. Rods, shifter, and mounting plate. Everything that has anything to do with the Inland will be removed and replaced.

Cudaspaz,
If you get the Hurst Competition Shifter,please let us know how it turns out.

I have an original Hurst in my 65 that rattles a bit. I plan on either having it rebuilt or buying a new shifter. Prefer new if it fits.

Hurst shifters are now sold through Mr. Gasket. (Don't know if they own Hurst or what.) There are essentially three component kits that make up what you'll need.
  1. Installation kit: This includes the mount for the mechanism on the transmission tail shaft, the rods, bushings, and other misc. hardware.
  2. Mechanism: The Competition Plus was the top of the line. It allowed for some adjustment of the shifter throw and width of the neutral gate. There was another mechanism that was good, too, but it did not have the adjustability of the C+. The Indy Shifter, as I recall, was for 3-speed trannies.
  3. Shift lever, boot, and knob. Hurst had more of these than I could ever imagine. It was possible to mix and match to get the style desired.
Can't ever remember running across a single kit that had it all. The lever, in particular, would have been too tough to predict to put it into a package.

-
Back