Inline fuse / Circuit Breaker

-

kc0r8y

Reaction score
Hi, I've searched the forums and though finding a few topics about this I can't seem to find my answer, so please excuse me if this is a repetitive topic.

1. 69 Dart
  2. Trunk Mount Battery w/ new 2 gauge wire connected to a secondary post in engine compartment.
  3. 100amp 1 wire Tuff Stuff Alternator w/ 6 gauge wire running from charging post to same secondary post. There is of course also a wire from that post to the starter relay.
  4. Ammeter bypass
  5. New starter relay
The bulkhead and overall wiring looks fine considering the age. I do plan to do a complete re-wire over next winter so I've been doing a lot of research on the topic.

My question is can I add an inline fuse or circuit breaker some where in the system to protect the old wiring in anyway and if so what size?

In my research I've read so many different ideas. Should I put an inline fuse on the 6ga alternator wire? I read some where they suggested a 200 amp circuit breaker on the battery?

I'm sure a lot is situational and like I said I plan to do a complete re-wire over next winter, but for now I'd just like to have insurance for this summer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Ken

-
Back