Input on race muffler

-

VIZ

Reaction score
This is my exhaust system stroker w/ hopefully 650 hp (dyno'd next week) hedman hustler semi- fender wel 1 7/8 tube 3 1/2 collector tti 3 inch to muffler and then tti 2 1/2 out the back. I have exhaust cut outs for when I go to the track. The reason I have the 2 1/2 is I run a stock gas tank and like the looks of the factory tips. So wanting to get advise on a muffler that will have 3" going into it and 2 1/2 out of it. I was looking into the borla xr1 race muff. but not sold on the sound of some I have heard . Any ways thanks for your guys input.

With 650HP I would think a 2" header to be mandatory at the front. Flowmaster's should be able to be found to fit your setup, if the sound of Borla's don't trip your trigger. I have a set of coned perforated metal mufflers that slide into the collectors of a racecar, that will knock off enough decibels to keep NHRA happy and I'm thinking that will a full length exhaust, may be OK on the street.

might want to check with Spintech ,if you do not see something that will work oh the site call them as they will build just about anything, or so I am told....

Called spin tech and went to the wed night drags loved the spin tech sound at idle and for me better than the borlas at wot both were there they were in the 11's and other 12's both owners loved what they had. I went with the spin tech. Thanks again. spin tech custom made the muffler for 5 extra dollars.

Called spin tech and went to the wed night drags loved the spin tech sound at idle and for me better than the borlas at wot both were there they were in the 11's and other 12's both owners loved what they had. I went with the spin tech. Thanks again. spin tech custom made the muffler for 5 extra dollars.
Good deal. $5 extra for custom mufflers? Outstanding....

-
Back