Inside the 2012 6.4L Hemi

-
If only somebody would come out with a cool lookin affordable car for it to go in.

I'm hoping that by the time the 6.4's hit the salvage yards, that someone will make a controller for it.

Please go to our sister site, For B Bodies only and take note to a wealth of info over there for swap and engine management systems.

This swap is not exactly cheap, performance upgrades are expensive. The return is very good though. If you take the time and do your research, supercharged HEMI's with cam header, etc... upgrades wack out 700+ HP easy enuff.

OH, I also just seen a truck magize take a 5.7 HEMI, swap in a cam. Though they dyno'd it without the accer. drives up from, they gained IIRC 50 hp over the base line pull for a total of (AGAIN, IIRC) 470 HP & Tq.

Never mind, the vid I had posted was on the page you posted! Cool stuff!!!

I am building a megasquirt for my car and it has a variable cam output. But since I am not running a variable cam I have not looked into it, but might be worthit for someone else. That 6.4 with a set of twin turbos and about 10 pounds of boost in a stripped a body would be one fun ride.

I am building a megasquirt for my car and it has a variable cam output. But since I am not running a variable cam I have not looked into it, but might be worthit for someone else. That 6.4 with a set of twin turbos and about 10 pounds of boost in a stripped a body would be one fun ride.

That's good to know, thanks. I had been wondering about the MS3 and saw a VCT module on thier site, but haven't had any cash so I did not want to waste anybodies time bench-racing. But if thier system can control the VCT on my 09 5.7, well, that would change everything.

The 6.4 with twin turbos in anything would be flat out scary! :toothy7:

If you have time give DIYautotune a call and see what they think. I would think that you could use the MS3 nitrous output to control the variable Runners that the ram manifold has as it needs to switch at about 4500rpm. Or you could dump the manifold for a 6.1 and not worry about it. But I would definatly talk to them and see how the VTC works. Then compare that to how the Hemi works and see if they will work together. I have been really impressed with the MS3 it's really simple to assemble and the directions are really easy to follow. The wiring harnesses are great too. All the wiring is labeled similar to painless where it's printed on the wire what it goes to.

I wonder if you could simply put a non MDS cam and remove the phaser. As far as the variable intake, I wonder if you could simply lock it in the short runner configuration. Sure you'd give up some low end torque, but in a Dart or Duster that weighs 1000 LBS less that actually might be a good thing.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

From my understanding of the 09+ motors you can lock it out but the cam profile willbe limited and is not worththe effort. Not sure in the new 6.4 but j would assume it would be similar. The variable runners can be contained with a nitrous window switch as long as the runner baffles are spring loaded. So all you have to do is apply power to switch itamd when power isremoved it changes back to the original state.

-
Back