installation issues

-

38 Dodge

Reaction score
I tried installing a /6 motor from a 1967 Barracuda into my 1962 Valiant Wagon today and ended up pulling it back out after destroying the paint on the fire wall, the oil pan, and the K frame. The oil pan will not clear the K frame.
So here is the question I have I looked at the oild pan from the Wagon and it is squared off at the ends and my 67 is rounded so I cannot swap them out so does anyone have any ideas of what I need to do, also which motor mount brackts will I have to use the one off the 62 or can I use the ones off the 67. Lastly does anyone have any suggetions or tips for when I try this again in a couple of days after I correct what I JACKED UP TODAY:)

Bump;
I'm looking at getting a possible oil pan from a 6? - 66 to see if they are different for the K frame from my 67. If anyone has one and they would not mind taking a measurement from the front of the sump to the front of the pan and let me know what that measurment is so I can check to see if one of those pans will work. I will try and get pictures of the pans this afternoon and post them so I might be able to get some help with this issue.
thanks again FABO

You're gonna need oil pan and mounts to match up with the body you're puttin it IN.....i guess that's the 62 unless I read wrong?

60-66 A-body pans are different and hard to come by it seems. 73-76 A-body will work in a 63-66 though with a 'ding' to the drivers front corner of the sump

I'm thinking about cutting the orginal pan and the 67 pan and mate the two together so I can get them to work. I don't know ywt if I'm going to take that rought but it might be the only one I have.

-
Back