Installed electronic ignition,now wont idle?

-

mattchoy

Reaction score
I just installed elct-ign,wont stay running ,cant get it timed ,it had the lean burn dist before, but it ran?

stock bottom end 318
big cam
60779 eddie heads
600 cfm eddie carb

Make sure the rotor is pointing to #1 cylinder topped out on compression stroke, could be the distributor needs to be turned 180 degree's, yes it will start with it put in wrong..
Welcome to this great site, a Good tech will jump in here soon and help.

im pretty sure i got it in there right, tdc compression stroke,dist gear pointing to front right hand bolt on manifold, rotor to #1 plug terminal on cap?

Sorry Memike if its 180 out it will not start,just spit and back fire.
Ooop's #-o That's right, I was thinking about the coil being wired backwards :glasses8:, Makes me wonder #-o So sorry mattchoy.
I knew I was not the tech for this job :glasses8:

.........is this a new or used system?......do u have the vac adv hooked up 2 ported or manifold vac.....or not at all...................kim........

Without more details......................

WHAT YEAR make and model?

WHAT did you do about the conversion? Did you strip out the old electronics and start over, or just try and hook your new dist. to the lean burn harness?

Check your wiring to ECU and the ballist, you may have a wire wrong.

Be sure that box is well grounded no starty is she is not grounded.Are you saying it will start but not stay running?

it runs for about a minute if i stay in the gas, then it dies and acts like its flooded

I'm not familiar with lean burn carbs. Do they have an idle cutoff solenoid?

-
Back