Installed the 4.30's !

-

383man

Reaction score
Yep I set up a 489 case with 4.30's and Ron Jr installed the new jackpot in the Dart last night. Out came the 3.91's and in went the 4.30's ! We also put the new rear tires on today. American Racing tires. They are the old McCreary tires as they just changed names. The old street tires were 26" tall with the 3.91's and these are about 27.5" tall. Man does it launch harder and feels like the 60 will definetly pick up. We plan to change out the intake this weekend for the Holley Street Dominator and already have the 850 DP. The new tires seem to hook real good on the street Jr says ! And it gives it a nastier looking stance. He cant wait to get back to the track. Ron

One 4.30 jackpot !
96405668.jpg

Looking good Ron. Can't wait to hear how it runs now.
I switched from 4:10 spool to a set of 4:88's with a limited slip, and can't wait to try it.

Those 4.30s are a great street/strip gear. cars looking good. I bet the changes do wonders for it. Now you need a bigger exhaust.

Aahhh a 19 year old to do the work. Nice nice.

The Dart is looking good Ron! Can't wait to hear the numbers:toothy10:

He plans to buy the TTI 3" exh next and use Dyno Max ultra flow mufflers. I hope it will run at least 11.40's next time out. Here is another pic. Sorry I just like the new stance as it looked soooo stock before with the smaller street tires. But he likes the sleeper look of a car that looks like a 14 or 13 second car that can run 11's !! Ron

96473163.jpg

Sorry Mike.

Hey Ron I think you should put a 318 back in it. It will be much faster.

Dont worry Mike as I am starting to worry also. The combo I am putting together for my 63 should be good for mid 11's I hope and I dont think its gonna beat the Dart by the time we get done with it. But I guess I dont mind getting my butt kicked by a Mopar my son drives that I helped him build ! LoL ! Ron

excelent ,good to see your son takes an intersest in mopars ,must be a wize young man

demontel said:
excelent ,good to see your son takes an intersest in mopars ,must be a wize young man

Car looks good! Those 4.30's are going to snap open the glove box when you jump on it ;-)

Gotta a busy week but if all goes well and we get things done there is a chance we may try to go to Cecil on Wednsday June the 8th before we put the bar in. Its only $12. dollars to race that night so if it goes under 11.50 and we only get one pass its just a $12. dollar loss. Ron

-
Back