Installing A-Pillar trim without busting it

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
I just repainted some A Pillar trim in my 68 Dart and when trying to reinstall, had no luck getting in place under the trim piece above the windows. Taking old ones out was easy because they were already broken but getting these new ones in is something I've never done and need some help with how to pull the window trim piece so I can slide the A pillar piece under it. Has anyone done this that can give me the step by step?

You'll need to remove the one screw and pull the roof rail trim down.

Are there clips because that sucker is tight. I was afraid I was going to break it.

Are there clips because that sucker is tight. I was afraid I was going to break it.

Yeah it has a lip about 3/16 long that hooks under the weatherstrip channel but will twist a little and pull down. There are clips inside this metal trim, one near every headliner seam. They bite pretty good but if you'll grab it with two hands from inside and give it a firm yank, it'll come down.

A couple clips on mine were slightly rusted and ended up breaking. A member here send me a few for $5 so don't think it's the end of the world if you end up breaking some.

-
Back