Installing Brakes on 8-1/4"Rear End

-

Dart swinger 73

Reaction score
I got a junk yard 8-1/4" rear end. Didn't have brake shoes and springs. My manuals don't have a exploded picture. If someone out there knows where I can get one to finish this job would be great. I did start installing the right side. I have 1 part left over. That's why I need the blown up picture.

nm, see you got your help.

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

Last edited:
Your manuals don't have a picture? That's news to me.............by the way it won't be in the axle section, it will be in brakes

Example the 67 manual, page 5-9, 5-10 This is 10-11" self adjusting

If you need a different year, you can download many manuals for free at MyMopar.com ...............I don't work there

brakes.jpg

Your manuals don't have a picture? That's news to me.............by the way it won't be in the axle section, it will be in brakes

Example the 67 manual, page 5-9, 5-10 This is 10-11" self adjusting

If you need a different year, you can download many manuals for free at MyMopar.com ...............I don't work there

View attachment 1715079251
I do have pictures in my manual. My rear end came out of a 69 Charger, I think. There is no blown up pictures. Anyway. Your picture names all the parts. The part I have left over is The parking brake lever. Now I see how it's installed.It connects to the back of brake shoe and that is where the U clip holds it in place. My strut is different than the one in your Picture. But I think it will still work.
Thanks for your help Steve

-
Back