Installing Convertible Boot

-

darc1722

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a boot for my convertible but not sure how to install it. I know that there are clips for the rear and some snaps for the side but how does the front of the boot install? There's a small metal channel right behind the rear seat. The channel runs parallel to the seat for almost the whole length. Is there some tips or hardware that runs in this channel that's connected to the front of the boot? Does anyone have any pics on how this is set up? Let me know thanks!

I'm looking to get a boot for my convertible but not sure how to install it. I know that there are clips for the rear and some snaps for the side but how does the front of the boot install? There's a small metal channel right behind the rear seat. The channel runs parallel to the seat for almost the whole length. Is there some tips or hardware that runs in this channel that's connected to the front of the boot? Does anyone have any pics on how this is set up? Let me know thanks!
If you buy an aftermarket boot it has a "piping" or "welt" strip sewn on the front that slides into that channel. There are snaps the rest of the way around that snap onto the stainless trim that circles the well area.

Hope these help...

Attachments

• BootAnchorStrip (Small).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 167
  • ConvTopTrimSnaps1 (Small).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 161
-
Back