installing lokar kickdown linkage

-

6dart9

Reaction score
I will be installing a lokar kickdown linkage on my dart in the next day or so. Does anyone by chance have some pictures of where it connects on the tranny? Actual pictures are easier to tell what goes where then the drawing that came with the kickdown linkage. Also if any one has any tips or hints that would be good to.

It doesn't seem too hard but I won't know until i get under there and install it once it stops raining

It is a 318 with a 904 transmission

Thanks for the help in advance!

Justin

i have mine blown apart right now or i would take some pics but anyway it has a clevis that attaches to the original kickdown lever. this lever is located directly above the selector lever. the kickdown shaft is inside the selector lever shaft. it should come with a bracket that bolts onto the bellhouseing, at the front of the trans, then you just run the cable housing to the bracket where it attaches with the big threaded hex ends, this side of the inner cable gets the clevis which has a swivel pin in it. attach it to the lever and the swivel pin is held in by a tiny cotter pin.

i know this probably doesn't help but once you get under the car its pretty easy to figure out.

are you putting this in a 64-66 dart? if so the tunnel is going to need some hammer work to give clearance for the clevis.

i will probably be able to take pics in a week or so once my trans is back together but you'll probably have it in by then. seriously its like a half hour job, less than one beer required for completion.

btw, i'm really happy with the way it works - money well spent. its EASILY adjustable. also cleans up the top of the motor nice too, no ugly brackets and rods and bellcranks cluttering up your intake.
-tim

are you putting this in a 64-66 dart? if so the tunnel is going to need some hammer work to give clearance for the clevis.

Thanks for the input Tim.

I can't imagine it being too hard i just have not had a chance to get under it as i work full time and go to school at night. I am planning on doing it this weekend as long as it isn't pouring rain again this weekend.

It is a 69 dart so I should be ok on clearance then.

I will post pics up as well so the next guy that has this question can find an answer because i am sure i am not the only one who has wondered about this.

Justin:

I have this set-up on my '74 Duster with a 340/904 combo. I had planned on taking some digital photos of the car tonight for insurance-related reasons anyway so I'll throw it up on the lift and snap a few shots for you. Should have them on here by morning.

Ray

goes on this bolt. it will be hard to get to because the floor is right there.. but it can be done.. may want to dimple the floor before you even start..

trans.jpg

Justin:

Here's a couple shots of the Lokar kickdown linkage. The side shot is the one that you need, but of course the exhaust and everything else block the view. Hope this helps.

Ray

a904 1.JPG

a904 2.JPG

Great this should be good

Thanks everyone!

Justin:

Here's a couple shots of the Lokar kickdown linkage. The side shot is the one that you need, but of course the exhaust and everything else block the view. Hope this helps.

Ray

i would tweak that bracket just a bit to make it more of a straight run..

Got the kickdown installed thanks for all the pics

now the guy who had it before me used the same throttle cable from when it was a slant six.

Do you guys by chance know how long of a throttle cable i need? Should I order the Lokar 24in or 36in cable

Thanks again!

24 is probably pleanty long enough.. you'll most lokely have to cut it down some... i could measure min but can't get to it till monday.. so if you still need the measurement pm and remind me for monday

-
Back