Installing Motor Question

-

ricks70dart

Reaction score
Installed Motor and noticed the motor doesn't sit level. Checked and it looks like its is sitting higher on the pass side but is sitting in the mounts evenly tried lifting motor back up and repositioning it but goes right back to same place.Heres some pictures.Is this just the way it is?

Attachments

• DSC03666.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC03667.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC03668.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 220
I think you might have a rubber mount on upside down. OR on the wrong side. hard to tell from pics. MT

the mounts have a bump that goes in a hole and then the stud so they only mount one way that I'am know of?

In the picture it looks to me the engine is cocked toward the driver side. Sure your mounts are correct and on the ears correctly?

Assuming the rear of the block should be parallel with the fire wall. Then check these dimensions to what you find on yours...................
http://ttiexhaust.com/Footnotes/39.htm

far as I can tell they only go one way?Thinking on loosing the 3 bolts on each mount and see if it will center better for I tighten mounts when engine was on the stand? noticed there's some play when loosen

far as I can tell they only go one way?Thinking on loosing the 3 bolts on each mount and see if it will center better for I tighten mounts when engine was on the stand? noticed there's some play when loosen

shim ???

Thinking the same Bob I have loosen everything and still off.Maybe 3/16 shim.My son thinks I'am being to picky.Putting on back burner and working on the exhaust.

Use a level across the car and adjust height as needed. Put a level across the carb flange to check.

-
Back