installing msd and two step

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
So when I do this no need for balest resistor, ignition box and the like ?

I can answer this one from experience : YES, cut all the crap out-a-there. No need for those 43 year old crusty wires....

you are correct..the msd 6 does not need the ballast resistor and it replaces the old mopar ecu.......and get rid of that old wiring

When I originally asked the question a couple weeks ago it was hard to see the wires as I had put everything inside those plastic Looms and they kind of go in and pop out where they go just to kind of hide all the spaghetti. So I wasn't sure what went where until I took it all out of the Looms and lo and behold none of it was needed...

When I put the HEI in my car I cut all the ballast and mopar box wires off right at the harness and re taped it.

BTW, one of those Jpar guys is ok, but the other one is kind of a goofball. :D
I just can't tell ya which one is which.

When I put the HEI in my car I cut all the ballast and mopar box wires off right at the harness and re taped it.

No kiddin. One is entirely enough.

Heyyy? I resemble that remark !! :cheers:

I Left both in just in case...extra wires in baggy console...so far so good. MSD Dist MECH.m6al with rev limiter only good for 6600 rpm, have pills with it...I changed my 7000 rpm pill to 8000 because i was hitting 7000 WAY to easy.I have a 419 stroker.gonna find where she dies...its my motor.(msd was sent back didnt work..sat for 7 yrs) they fixed it free,was restoring car.My Holley black pump not so lucky..GOOD LUCK.my nitros plate is same,plug and play.

-
Back