Installing oil pump drive on a 360

-

440BelII

Reaction score
Ready to drop my 360 in my Demon and I need to install the oil pump drive so I can put the distributor in. Where does the slot for the distributor line up so that you're on number 1when you install the distributor? I'm all lined up as far as being on the compression stroke and just primed the motor with oil, just want to put it in the correct spot.

upload_2020-7-5_19-4-27.png

upload_2020-7-5_19-5-27.png

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks much for the reply, I got it in and installed the distributor,everything went fine.

You need to go to MyMopar and download yourself a free shop manual. Bear in mind that not all distributors have the drive tang in the same spot relative to the rotor postion. There are three ways to deal with this.........1, have the vacuum advance out of position, sometimes not an option. 2...Diddle with the gear position to compensate.....and 3......Put the gear in as the book, and just deal with the plug wires being rotated from "stock."

THERE IS NO REAL REASON to worry about the "right" position of no1 wire, other than "restore correct." The only reason "this ever was" was to

Allow pre cut wires to "lay" correctly in the hangers
and for tune-up mechanics to "see" what they expected to see

-
Back