Instrument Cluster- 67 barracuda

-

barra340

Reaction score
So i know no guages must mean the regulator is bad, but where is the regulator at? Mine is a 67 and I bought one thinking to find one externally...Has anyone messed with these? I have not received my shop manual yet.

So i know no guages must mean the regulator is bad, but where is the regulator at? Mine is a 67 and I bought one thinking to find one externally...Has anyone messed with these? I have not received my shop manual yet.

Instrument voltage regulator is incorporated inside the gas gauge.

The mechanical limiter is inside the fuel gauge , thus the 3 contact posts.

I did not want to take the panel off the back without knowing. Don't want to risk damaging/breaking something more. Thanks

instrument 002.JPG

instrument 003.JPG

I did not want to take the panel off the back without knowing. Don't want to risk damaging/breaking something more. Thanks

Yup here is a pic I call The DOH Factor. The edge of the pcb goes beyond the housing there. To grab and lift the panel there with one hand is a no no.
Get an ohm meter and check all 3 gauges for 20 ohms resistance beween its posts. A bad limiter may have fryed them all.
Good luck

DOH! factor.JPG

I found where inside the temp guage the resistor coil was burnt. Quite the set up.

Well I hooked the voltage regulator up. I hooked it three different ways to get the regulator feed. I got the fuel guage to move on the last try. The oil pressure worked in another position. Still no temp guage?

I got it hooked up, but one of the bulbs is blinking like the test for the votage limiter?

I got it hooked up, but one of the bulbs is blinking like the test for the votage limiter?

Then you probably haven't hooked up a chassis ground. The housing and everything else is ground through the dash mounting screws. Hope you haven't fryed something but if so , you wouldn't be the first. Good luck

-
Back