Instrument cluster test

-

66Glassback

Reaction score
I am looking to test all of my gauges before I reinstall my instrument cluster. I have a 1966 Barracuda Formula S. I found and fixed some wiring issues and replaced the tachometer. Before I put the cluster back in I would like to make sure everything is working properly including the lights. Could anyone help?

There was a post about the same thing in the last year, may have been a different year but all the same procedures apply.

I am looking to test all of my gauges before I reinstall my instrument cluster. I have a 1966 Barracuda Formula S. I found and fixed some wiring issues and replaced the tachometer. Before I put the cluster back in I would like to make sure everything is working properly including the lights. Could anyone help?
Bench Testing

Let me just advise you to have the battery disconnected when pulling and installing the cluster. The stud for the voltage limiter will be live and can easily short out. And if you haven't all ready done so, please add a good ground to the PC board. Otherwise your cluster may not work till bolted in tight.

-
Back