instrument cluster wiring diagram 1971 dart

-

63dartman

Reaction score
does anyone have a diagram or can tell me what i need to do to bypass my cluster wiring for the turn signals? i know blue and light green are for the left and right signal but that's about it. I have looked at the schematics but its just confusing me more without the the cluster wiring diagram. Thanks

You don't need a diagram because you can look at the back of the PC board and follow where the traces go. Get the shop manual and look up the cluster connector, the pins are all labled.

You don't "bypass" the bulbs and I don't know why you'd want to. If you want them not to work just remove the bulbs and sockets

Or.............are you just trying to test the turn signals with the cluster out? In that case you don't need to bypass anything-----just connect the two ammeter wires together and make sure they are taped "safe"

You don't need a diagram because you can look at the back of the PC board and follow where the traces go. Get the shop manual and look up the cluster connector, the pins are all labled.

You don't "bypass" the bulbs and I don't know why you'd want to. If you want them not to work just remove the bulbs and sockets

Or.............are you just trying to test the turn signals with the cluster out? In that case you don't need to bypass anything-----just connect the two ammeter wires together and make sure they are taped "safe"

thanks, once I posted I realized that I got more problems than I thought. I also realized that I don't need the indicator lights for the signals to work. One thing I didn't mention was that I put in a IDIDIT steering column also. sorry for the confusion.

I don't have 12v on the power wire feeding the turn signal switch and my flasher was not grounded. I ran out of time to figure it out though.
thanks for replying

Flashers don't need ground unless you are using a special electronic one? for LED's?

The column has no power as such.

The inputs to the column TS switch are:
From full time power---through hazard flasher---to column TS switch
From key switched power--through turn flasher--to column TS switch
From full time power through brake light switch and on to TS switch

The outputs are

Left front turn, and spliced / branch off to dash indicator lamp
Right front turn and spliced/ branch to indicator
Left rear turn/ stop
Right rear turn / stop

Flashers don't need ground unless you are using a special electronic one? for LED's?

The column has no power as such.

The inputs to the column TS switch are:
From full time power---through hazard flasher---to column TS switch
From key switched power--through turn flasher--to column TS switch
From full time power through brake light switch and on to TS switch

The outputs are

Left front turn, and spliced / branch off to dash indicator lamp
Right front turn and spliced/ branch to indicator
Left rear turn/ stop
Right rear turn / stop

thanks for the info 67Dart273

67Dart273, just wanted to thank you for taking the time to go over everything with me. I just want you to know I think your electrical skills on these cars is top notch! I'm mediocre at best. What it did do though, It made me go back and review everything I did and study the schematics. I realized (don't Laugh) I had my flasher wired backwards. That's what I get for assuming a certain color is hot when its not. Once I got that little problem figured out everything else just fell right in place. Thanks again!!

-
Back