Instrument Specialties

-

'68cuda416

Reaction score
is pissing me off with their lack of customer contact and inability to return a phone call when twice in a 2 week span I called and asked for an update on some parts i'm having them restore which have already been paid for and this was last late summer early fall that the order was placed. If this is how this company is going to choose to do business then rest assured all the other parts that I need restored that they do offer those services for will be sent to another vendor because i'm tired of bullshit excuses.

Ah herd dat guy put twenny too inch riiiims on his Barracuda. He doan lak u.

Are you getting a person on the phone or just a voice mail? Have you tried emailing them?

Are you getting a person on the phone or just a voice mail? Have you tried emailing them?
The first time i'm presuming the owner and the second time the secretary of which I explained my concern of calling a week prior for an update and was promised a phone call back by days end and never received it and she said she would have , I don't remember who, call me back and still no call from that place.

Man, you really are havin' a bad day...
Well in the end my decision to move forward with another restoration company will have been none other than the fault of Instrument Specialties for their horrible customer service.

I had my stuff restored by them a while back. The guy who did the plastic rechroming apparently had cancer and could only work when able. Dont know if hes still working?

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I’m about an hour away and have delt with Tom many times. Here is what I know first hand.

plastic rechroming is not done on site. They send it to a place in Mass for that. A place in CT does their metal chrome and copper work. They did a bunch of knobs and when I was at the chrome shop in Hartford CT getting other stuff done I actually saw my parts there. I love the detail work they do. Top notch stuff. And it is not like Tom not to contact you back. Maybe because I’ve gone in person he has been really good to me. Again I’m now disappointed in hearing this- the plandemic has really hurt a lot of small shops in both labor and supplies.

You know a few years ago I was waiting on parts from a supplier that was the only game in town for what I needed. What was promised weeks before was not arriving and I was getting progressively more steamed as I tried again and again to get ahold of someone. I finally got an e-mail from a woman in accounting who sent an apologetic message, but explained that one of the people who worked there in the restoration shop and was related to the owner and many of the staff had suddenly and unexpectedly taken his own life. After I looked back at my string of progressively angry e-mails I really felt like ****... Just sayin'

Sometimes you just got to chill.
The whole country has turned to **** from this Covid thing.
Can't get a thing and can't get anything worked on in a timely manner.
I agree a return phone call would be nice.

IMHO.

you never pay in full up front. Vender has no incentive to finish.

If they balk at that put the cash in an escrow account payable on completion.

I had my stuff restored by them a while back. The guy who did the plastic rechroming apparently had cancer and could only work when able. Dont know if hes still working?
I was told from the onset which was more than half a year ago that one of the dash bezels had to be sent out for chroming

Also take into consideration EVERYBODY sends their stuff out for restoration during the off season and limited shops at that

Also take into consideration EVERYBODY sends their stuff out for restoration during the off season and limited shops at that
He has had the pieces for 6 months now and when a customer calls and requests an update on what I already paid for returning a phone call SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM even if it's a quick phone call end of day on his way out the door.

Just got off the phone with and was able to speak with someone who knew what was going on with my dash bezels and one of the pieces needed a small repair done prior to chroming and after chroming the repaired area didn't look good enough so they are redoing it.......I have no problem with that scenario and nice to know what is going on but the communication with them could be better.

Sounds like you have it under control now.
That’s good! Some of this stuff is over 50years old so it takes some time but I agree with a simple call back is a whole
Lot better than the “what if’s “

Old thread, but I am having the same issue. "Thomas" won't return calls or emails. I was told 6-8 months for my A body rallye gauges. March 31st of 2023 it is now 1 year they have been there. I'm so pissed.
I did not bother them, until month #7. Was told " We are transitioning back to Mopar clusters in a few weeks and can probably get yours done in the next batch" .... "Probably"? So at month 7, you're basically telling me you haven't touched them, but yet they tell me 6-8 months. No calls to update, no emails, just silence. Crappy way to run a business @Instrument Specialties.

Sad to hear. I've had great contact with them. They hace rechromed stuff, printed oil filters like assembly line and they have sold me NOS stuff. I think Mike and his team does a phonomenal work and my experiense is thumbs up!

-
Back