Insurance Cost!?

-

RustyDusty

Rabid Cross-eyed Opossum!
Reaction score
Just purchased a 76 duster with a 225. with $1000 deductables my premium would go up $2600 a year!? I'm going through progressive and have the declared value as $5000. What is up with this!? Do you all pay that much?

No, I pay less than $50 for 6 months with an agreed value of $9500 with State Farm. It isn't a daily driver so I do have a mileage limit per year. Many guys here have Hagerty.

Just purchased a 76 duster with a 225. with $1000 deductables my premium would go up $2600 a year!? I'm going through progressive and have the declared value as $5000. What is up with this!? Do you all pay that much?

I have a 70 RoadRunner and a 70 340 Swinger insured for about 50k with Hagerty's and it is like 350.00 a year. 2600 is a way to much!! Ronnie

yeah that amount is ridiculous buddy. i ensure a RAM 1500 Hemi QC with a Kelly blue book of over 30K with a 500 deductible and maximum full coverage for $100 a month...and i have a wreckless on my driving record from younger and dumber times.
my dart with straight liability was like $14 a month, and only the months that it was on the road. (race car that sees about 300 street miles a summer). i got a quote on it of about 100 a year as a classic with a 15K agreed value.

Keep shopping around for auto insurance, their quoting practices change ALL THE TIME. with that wreckless on my record i got quoted anywhere from $100-300 depending on the company for the ram.

Is this your only car (daily driver)? If so it will be very difficult to insure cheaply. I'm insured though the "silver wheel plan" in Canada, it is the same as Hagerty insurance, only costs me $150 a year with an agreed value of over $15000. But that is only possible if you have a different car as a daily driver. Hope you'll figure it out $2600 a year for a $5000 car is just ridiculous.

How old are you?

How is your driving record?

I'm 30 years old with good credit and I pay my insurance in full. One full year through Hagerty costs me $315 for (2) vehicles. The first is my 71' Scamp with a guaranteed value if totaled at $9000 and the second is my 66' Barracuda with a guaranteed value of $15000 if totaled. With that said, they limit your driving to parades, to/from car shows, and club events. I just drive them whenever I want, because I feel like I'm always in a "club event" when I do ;)

Edit: I don't have a deductible with Hagerty either which is a nice piece of mind. The only thing that concerns me is that Hagerty recommended those amounts which didn't affect premium more than $60 year, but it might prevent them from totaling them if the damage isn't "severe" enough.

When I had my '70 Valiant, 225 auto, it was $30 a month for something a little higher than straight liability, ( I say liability but there was a deductible and I know it covered more than just basic coverage) That price also included free roadside assistance, as this was my only car. ( and I like driving!) I have USAA, and I know their rates are cheaper. Oh, and I was 21 at the time.

What they're quoting you sounds outrageous!

Im 29 and got a spotless driving record for the last 9 years (knock on wood), have diamond status thru progressive, and have equal coverage on 2 full size trucks and my 68 valiant thats way more than just liability and i pay $61 a month.

-
Back