insurance help?

-
Reaction score
I'm looking for insurance for '70 Dart, but because I am only 18 and only have had my license for two years, I'm having a hard time finding someone that will actually provide me insurance. does anyone have any recommendations?

try some of the online ones?
ive had good luck with progressive

I'm looking for insurance for 70' Dart, but because I am only 18 and only have had my license for two years, I'm having a hard time finding someone that will actually provide me insurance. does anyone have any recommendations?

speak very unclear and make them here '17 dart instead of '70 dart?
:poke:

(disclaimer, that was a joke guys and galls, i in no way encourage fraud of any kind)

try some of the online ones?
ive had good luck with progressive

speak very unclear and make them here '17 dart instead of '70 dart?
:poke:

(disclaimer, that was a joke guys and galls, i in no way encourage fraud of any kind)
Ain't like the VIN is not going to be a giveaway...lol...
When I tried to insure our 64 Fairlane with our State Farm agent they had a problem with the VIN, guess in 64 the VIN was short. They ended up providing me with the identical coverage of Hagerty for about half the price...

Call an insurance broker. They can usually get you the best rates and know who to talk to. Doesn't cost any extra to use them.

You should be able to find basic coverage for PI and Prop Damage.

None of the collector car companies will likely write you coverage due to age, being under 25.

Very cool that you are 18 and have a 70 Dart, well done.

Just a suggestion I know everyone's circumstances are different my son drove the barracuda for three years in high school he paid for the insurance but it was in my name. He was listed as a driver. So if you could get some old fart to be the primary. Just an idea. Like I said that worked for him.

Yeah I agree. Don't tease us kid. Don't make us hunt u down so we can oogle over your car

heres a picture! i just got her a few months ago so i'm really new at this. just another question...if i were to put an older driver as a primary driver of my car to get insurance, would their name have to be on the title of my car? thanks for all the help!

14963327_10208368956370511_3129595193324751741_n.jpg

No they do not check the title at least not in Texas. Sweet ride by the way. Looks really nice good luck with it what motor does it have

You may have to title it in their name. Must depend state to state. Our oldest son still has the car in his mother's name so he can pay the insurance. He's 38 but has totaled 3 cars in 4 years. Don't you dare do that to that nice dart.

Is that insurance company real or is this a scam I sent in to get a quote online and got some weird stuff back and none of their phone numbers work.

Is that insurance company real or is this a scam I sent in to get a quote online and got some weird stuff back and none of their phone numbers work.

I've had American Collectors for the last several years, through USAA. Never filed a claim, but never had any problems with them, either.

I have had usaa for 13 years and never new they have this. My car is insured through them but just limited liability.

Melody, I live in the SF Bay Area. I have four cars insured with Farmers. We got a '64 Barracuda a while back (now gone) and insured it as a collector car (don't worry, wasn't too fancy). As a collector car, the rates were low. I was listed as the primary driver, but my son, a junior in high school at the time, was really the main driver. Just like loganscuda said, get an elder to insure it and have you listed as an eligible driver. Worked for us.

Thanks everyone! I ended up registering the car again in my dad's name and insuring it with his policy. The Dart's on the road!

unnamed.jpg

-
Back