insurance

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Got my renewal yesterday , went up again. I called and was told that Hagerty had bought out my/the company. Hagerty wanted twice what I`ve been paying, back when I insured it 4 yrs ago.
The value has gone up to $36,250 according to the statement . I don't think these old A bodies are still appreciating .
I also have 1200 miles a year in the contract, I have put about 1200 miles in 4 yrs. on it . She is going to check around for diff. rates w/ other companies , and look into lowering my rate because of miles driven .
I bet when Hagerty fully takes over , it will sky rocket ! I might just quit the game and sell out !

Last edited:
I have both cars grouped with my house insurance. This spring I got a $750 refund.

Don't you have an agreed value policy?

I've had Hagerty and another outfit in the past...both were competitive.

Don't you have an agreed value policy?

I've had Hagerty and another outfit in the past...both were competitive.

Got an answer , she found a better rate thru a subsiderary of liberty mutual. Is sending the info ----------------

Cheapest I found was American Collectors Insurance. My dart is agreed at $9500 and cost me $180 a year to insure. I have a pretty bad driving history also. My Viper GTS is $800 a year agreed at $40k.

do you want cheap on the front or the back end of it?
the cost of insurance, is for a service
you either pay a little up front and if something happens, you may end up paying a lot before its all said and done

or you may end up paying more up front, and if something happens, that is all you paid

you can not look at an insurance quote only in terms of "Monthly payment"
you need to also know coverage, deductions and what not (but mostly, coverage)
are you covered in case you run into a car with 4 teenagers and you kill 2 of em and cripple the others?
or does your insurance cover the two funerals but your now responsible for every single operation and rehab that the two survivors will need?

I understand that we're talking classic cars here, that see little use, and so the chances of something happening are small, BUT the chances of a laywer coming along and saying something along the lines of "you choose to drive a car with outdated brakes, and if you had been driving a 2017 camry, this would not have happened" are not unthinkable

jut food for thought

I have Hagerty on my 69 Dart and 68 Barracuda. I just received my invoice. Was 600.00 year for both, Now it's 669.00. For 15K and 30K value.

Yeah since I have to renew mine by Sept.16, I'd like to know too.
I'm not renewing, I just need to get some classic car type coverage on my dart.
I'm driving around with just liability insurance. If I crash it, the repairs or replacement is all on me.

I'm not renewing, I just need to get some classic car type coverage on my dart.
I'm driving around with just liability insurance. If I crash it, the repairs or replacement is all on me.

I haven`t got the info yet , but was Safeco , a subsiderary of Liberty Mutual .

I haven`t got back to her yet, she probly is out of the office for the holiday.
Jessica@icusa-tx.com-----or 1 940 382 4700 ext. 104 , < Jessica`s number.
My quote was for $30,000 , which I dropped from originally $32,000, but it had appreciated according to the orig. carrier to $36,500 .
I`m going to change it back to $32,000 w/ this new carrier , probly wont raise it a whole lot since I don't drive mine all that much. I only put about 1200 miles a year on it so far------------------

check State Farm, I think they get overlooked for classics, they treat me pretty well

I have Grundy really happy with them agreed value 10K unlimited milage. 135 a year. I also had a engine fire a month after I insured it they paid me 4200 really fast also. Very happy with them.

check State Farm, I think they get overlooked for classics, they treat me pretty well

Statef --- tried to screw over me , when my new 1977 ford xlt p/u was stolen, I wouldn`t go near them w/ a 20 ft pole , and will bad mouth them the rest of my life .
I had them from the time I was 16yrs. old till I was 31 and never used them for anything/no claims . When the truck was stolen , they offered me $2700 for it , I had just traded a 67 ford p/u and $7000 for it .
I ENDED UP GETTING $6700 OUT OF THEM A YEAR LATER , PISS ON THEM AND THE MULE THEY RODE IN ON !

I have Grundy really happy with them agreed value 10K unlimited milage. 135 a year. I also had a engine fire a month after I insured it they paid me 4200 really fast also. Very happy with them.

I have Grundy also. I have been perfectly happy with them. I have an agreed value of $35K on my Dart at $290 a year. That has been the same rate for three years in a row.

Statef --- tried to screw over me , when my new 1977 ford xlt p/u was stolen, I wouldn`t go near them w/ a 20 ft pole , and will bad mouth them the rest of my life .
I had them from the time I was 16yrs. old till I was 31 and never used them for anything/no claims . When the truck was stolen , they offered me $2700 for it , I had just traded a 67 ford p/u and $7000 for it .
I ENDED UP GETTING $6700 OUT OF THEM A YEAR LATER , PISS ON THEM AND THE MULE THEY RODE IN ON !

guess that's a no for you then LOL

-
Back