Intake and valve cover interference

-

Demonracer

71 Demon 00 Ram 16 Chrysler 300S 05 Caravan
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I recently put my powder coated Holley Strip Dominator on the car with my powder coated valve covers. I didn't think to check the clearance issue before having them coated. Does anyone have any grand ideas as to how I can solve the problem without screwing up the coating?

Like others have stated, valve cover spacers are the best way to get them to clear. I'm thankful that the Trick Flow heads have raised rails so clearance isn't an issue.

Had the same problem with every aftermarket intake I've owned. I used to trim the intakes but with the blower intake I trimmed the valve covers. Much better, no leaks and invisible. And free

I’ve told you guys about spacers probably 50 times on here. Get a set and you are set for life. Some mods may be necessary

you can get really nice silicone valve cover gaskets with metal shims inside that look like two MP gaskets stacked, gets the valve cover high enough to clear the manifold.

Edelbrock aluminum heads, after market NRS aluminum valve covers and the Holley Strip Master intake.

-
Back