intake choice with indy heads ?

-

7e5hangten360

semi-pro
Reaction score
for a small-block mopar, which intakes will fit rectangle-port indy heads ? mine are marked indy w-2 , but they are a rectangle port head. i already own an indy-made intake but it is so tall that i might need to cut the hood for everything to fit, which i would try to avoid . would a w-2 or w-5 rectangle port intake bolt-on and fit ? i already know that the regular sbm intakes have a different bolt pattern.

Can you mill the carb flange enough to keep it under the hood?

agree.
I would think you would want to get the most out of the Indy heads by using the matched Indy intake.
Exactly. I be danged if I'd mill the pad of an intake just to get it under a hood. If the engine is bad enough for indy heads and a badass intake, it probably needs fresh air, too.

FYI - if its a street car and u absolutely want it under the hood I have a very nice / new Rectangular port W2/W5
Rpm non air gap version changed directions so it needs to be adopted
I will give u a good deal if u go that direction !!

20210909_154128.jpg

FB_IMG_1617583243962.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-03-21-40-24.jpg

I used the indy intake with a scoop.
I milled 2 inches off the intake and deleted the Indy logos.

I figured if i felt I lost power i would put in a 2 inch spacer like the mopar w2 intake.
Basically the indy is a copy of the mopar w2 but a taller carb mount

thanks for the options, guys. i will probably end up removing 1 inch off the intake and use a 2 inch tall filter instead of 3 inches right now. that way, it should clear the hood. before touching anything, i will measure clearance without a filter and go from there. i would like to keep the car stock-appearing from the outside.

thanks for the options, guys. i will probably end up removing 1 inch off the intake and use a 2 inch tall filter instead of 3 inches right now. that way, it should clear the hood. before touching anything, i will measure clearance without a filter and go from there. i would like to keep the car stock-appearing from the outside.

-
Back