Intake end gaskets

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Anyone use the cork end gaskets on a SB intake swap or just use silicone. I have not done one in a long time but I think I always used the gaskets in the set.....now I am hearing it's trouble (vacuum/oil leaks).

Nice bead of the "right stuff" will do the trick,haven't used those end gaskets in like forever,also put a small bead around the 4 water ports,on the side intake gaskets..

I've always used the cork or rubber end gaskets when putting on an intake. Red Silicone on the mating surfaces and ends. I usually place the metal gaskets in, put the silicone & cork/rubber gaskets on, lay the intake in the valley, let it gel till tacky, then torque it down according to tightening order. 1/2 Torque first circle, then full torque 2nd circle.

I've never had a vacuum leak from any of the dozen or so intake I installed.

I use silicone, before when I used the cork from the kit it would slip a little and cause more trouble than it was worth,Silicone the way for me!!

I have always just used a good bead of silicone across the ends. I always use Utlra Copper silicone.

Depends on how much of a gap I have at the intake ends. Last time around the ends seals went on. If the seals squish out when I'm torquing down the intake, then the gasket may not seal up correctly. If so, (the gasket being squeezzzeed out) I run a beed of sealer.

No vacuum leaks there. just oil leaks. Who ever said vacuum, tell'em there fired.

-
Back