intake gasket recommendation

-

oldmusclelover

Reaction score
hello Gentlemen, and Ladies,
looking for a recommendation for intake gaskets. 1969 340 engine with Edelbrock aluminum manifold (edelbrock intake chrys549884). appreciate any and all input. engine has X heads. thanks so much for your knowledge, and time.

I have been using the fel pro performance intake gasket set with great results. They have elastomer sealer around intake and water ports. Sometimes can be cheaper on ebay. I have seen the set for around 27 or 28 with shipping there.

Superformance .
Just ordered a set for my W2s this week. He makes them in different thicknesses in case you have decked your block or have an alignment issue.
They sell them at Hughes but I called him direct . Nice guy .
less $ than Felpros too.

Agree with post 2-3 & 4. That’s all I ever needed.
I have also used superformance gaskets. Not the intakes though. Very good gasket. I didn’t like the valve cover gasket. Personal taste on that one. I really like the thick reuseable rubber coated steel MP gaskets for the valve cover. Mr. Gasket Uktra seal is also another excellent gasket.

The more I think about it, it is mostly prep of the surface area than the gasket itself for a good seal. But the above are my favorite gaskets.

-
Back