Intake Manifold Leaking Oil

-
Welcome to the site.

Can you be a bit more specific? If it's from the rear, I would look at the oil pressure sending unit.

if it is actually the back of the intake - it's highly likely that not enough RTV was used - you used no gasket and took the positioning pin out right?

The pictures are kind of dark. It's the rear manifold seal

20170318_203139.jpg

20170318_203223.jpg

20170318_203231.jpg

china wall? intakes are notorious for not sealing at this location with the all too thick cork gasket supplied or the too thin RTV gasket that you try and make. Also as stated there could be a location dowel in the block that the intake is not drilled for. Found that out the hard way with a 273/4 intake on a 318...CRACK!

china wall? intakes are notorious for not sealing at this location with the all too thick cork gasket supplied or the too thin RTV gasket that you try and make. Also as stated there could be a location dowel in the block that the intake is not drilled for. Found that out the hard way with a 273/4 intake on a 318...CRACK!

Dowels out, silicone or The Right Stuff either one about 3/8 thick front and rear (contacting intake gasket edge to gasket edge) staying right at the rear edge of the China wall on the passenger side front.
Then get that baby sitting on ASAP.
A little sealer on the bolt threads and a bead about 45 degrees between the bolt head and it's shoulder.
This is the way I have always done it and never had so much as a damp spot.

motor.jpg

Dowels out, silicone or The Right Stuff either one about 3/8 thick front and rear (contacting intake gasket edge to gasket edge) staying right at the rear edge of the China wall on the passenger side front.
Then get that baby sitting on ASAP.
A little sealer on the bolt threads and a bead about 45 degrees between the bolt head and it's shoulder.
This is the way I have always done it and never had so much as a damp spot.

View attachment 1715029556
That's what I did wrong! I forgot about the China wall. Used to working on Chevy's=first Mopar!

Pull it and reseal it. Not a huge deal and can be done by lunch time tomorrow. Could it be coming from the valve covers or up the distributor shaft though?

China wall? Can someone elaborate please. Thanks

China wall is the name of the portion of the block that is exposed between the cylinder heads. Basically the part of the block that the front and rear of the manifold sit on. Most intake kits come with cork gaskets for them but the general consensus is to throw them in the trash and use a bead of sealant.

-
Back