-
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokengarage

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a vacuum fitting that would screw into the intake manifold for an a/c car. The very small diameter hose that comes from the a/c push button control and through the firewall would attach to the fitting. This is for a 68 Barracuda that was an original a/c car. It was originally a slant six car (now small block) so not sure what the thing might look like. Any help would be appreciated.

They are usually a pipe thread and then a nipple. If you can tell what pipe thread it is, then go to a hardware store and get the right fitting.

You can buy brass fittings with either 1/4" or 3/8" pipe thread in various nipple sizes.

figure out what size nipple you need for the vacuum hose, then go to a hardware/home improvement store and look in the brass fittings in the plumbing section. You will need a fitting with a 3/8" thread and say 1/8" nipple for example.

Or, if you want more like OEM style, call either Mancini Racing or Year One, but they will cost a little more.

The ones pictured above will be cheaper and in stock at a local store and perfectly functional, just not look original.

When I put a swap meet Performance Gauge (vacuum) in my 68, I bought a hex head NPT pipe plug in the right size, drilled a hole completely through it and stuck in a small piece of metal tubing that fit the hose with either epoxy or JB weld as a sealer. I lucked out and found a hunk of tubing with a raised bead near the end.

I also thought about doing that, just need to find a small piece of tube. Will also check hardware store and see what might work.

Are you needing a factory fitting that screws into a 3/8 NPT fitting that will allow you to hook the power brakes up and use a vacuum line, if so I should have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back