Intake opinionz....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-REX

Reaction score
I'm put'in my ole 66 wagon back together az a purdy much stockie daily driver...Tha engine that wuz in tha car wuz a pump'd 318, with a 650 AFB carb on a 273 single plane manifold...I am thank'in bout goin back with a 2 barrel carb, but don't redily have a manifold....I have tha 273 manifold, a couple LD340's, and a couple 360 stockie quadrojet manifolds.....I kin build an adaptor to fit tha 2barrel to any manifold, so which manifold do U gentz(or chikkz) thank will be tha best bottom end torque maker???.....Will be a 9:1 mota, stock 318 camshaft, small valve heds, and hipo 273 exhaust manifolds (but wit duals).....

Thankz in advance...

HUH? (What did he say? )

Skip the 2bbl. carb and use the 4bbl. on top of the LD340. You'll be good from there.

a 4 barrel will get better fuel mileage then a 2 barrel as long as you stay out of the secondary's,
and it is nice to have the option to burn some fuel when you need to

those old single plane intakes had small ports and gave ok low speed power.

if anything a 500 afb carb I would put on and leave the 273 intake on it, the 650 will sell easily.

Folks put intakes like the RPM for more power, not so much better low speed power. Since you want a 2bbl it be better to just have a smaller 4 bbl. Motor will run sweet with the right cam,

ld 340 and a 4 bbl will do fine as long as you don't press the pedal . the small primaries will give good mpg , with the option of better perf if you feel like burning gas

OK...soundz good ta me.....I have a 600 holley...But, I reely do hate holley's...lol.....I'll see what I kin kum up wit...Thankz fer tha reply'z!!

once i got my dual Carters and drove it for a few weeks after i got the jetting right, I sold off all my Holley /Demon dtuff i had for the last 20 years.

if i got in to drag racing i use a Holley again but on the street i love my dual 500 Carters and it kicks harder then the 750 DP I once had--after removing the secondarily air door in the front carb and lightening the rear carb weights..i never use a Holley again on the street unless i had to

Dodge freak, totally missed the 273 intake. Those low level single plane intakes worked real well with the lil'engines. Now I'm not to sure, but did the D-Dart have that intake? (And a Holley on top? Was a 4160 - 600 cfm carb IIRC, LOL probably not....)

I also did like the dual AFB's on top of my engine. I never really got it all straightened out and fine tuned, but do so very much look forward to doing so. I'd like a pair of AVS styled carbs up top actually.

Here's a vid of my buddy Mike laying his hands on the first start up with the dual 600's
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRJC6v0RPTg"]DualQuad 360 - YouTube[/ame]

(English is a dying language. )

Boy, doez that statement open up a politikle kan ov wormz.....An U from Ca.....

I'm 4' 6" , weigh 345#s, bald, wit one green eye an a blu one, an wear a size 13 shoo on my leff foot an a 11 1/2 on tha rite...Now, U tell me what tha hell datz gotta do wit tha question I ax'd in this post???....If'in U ain't smart enuff to reed what I posted, then U sho ain't smart enuff to give me any usefull information....I type/talk/write like I do fer a reezon, an I don't have ta exsplain myself to nobody!!!....Kapeesh....

Oh, an juss fer ya info, I been ta Ca., an yes, English iz damm sho a second language out ther!!!....U have a nice day

I'm 4' 6" , weigh 345#s, bald, wit one green eye an a blu one, an wear a size 13 shoo on my leff foot an a 11 1/2 on tha rite...Now, U tell me what tha hell datz gotta do wit tha question I ax'd in this post???....If'in U ain't smart enuff to reed what I posted, then U sho ain't smart enuff to give me any usefull information....I type/talk/write like I do fer a reezon, an I don't have ta exsplain myself to nobody!!!....Kapeesh....

Oh, an juss fer ya info, I been ta Ca., an yes, English iz damm sho a second language out ther!!!....U have a nice day

:sign3:

your writing is slower to read and not all of us wanna waste much time, your asking for advice--a favor, if you want to write partly text OK, you just won't get as many answers from all of us.

have a nice day

Instead of getting and giving flak over how your writing, try to write and spell correctly instead of how you speak. Your wearing this poor diction and spelling like a badge of honor, which is without merit. And devoid of any.

Not only do you make yourself look unintelligent, (AKA Stupid) but defend it like your proud to be.
That absolutely makes no sense what so ever.

It is one thing to poke a little at someone in an effort to do better, but your volley back at the "Cali" guy was uncalled for not to mention without taste. Curb yourself please.

1. What's "politikle" about you butchering our language?
2. Just because I'm IN CA doesn't mean I'm FROM CA. I happen to be here serving this country and your right to butcher the language of the country I defend.
3. I'm pretty sure I'm smart enough to answer the question you asked, I just chose not to waste my time decyphering it. It's ironic that you, of all people, would call someone dumb....maybe it makes you feel better about yourself.
4. Since I have family in Louisiana, I won't make the same ignorant type comments you made about CA. (Yet another testament to just how "smart" you are.)

I apologize to everyone else reading this. I won't be wasting any more of the time of the rest of the forum members on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back