Intake plenum, take two

-

fshd4it

Squid inc
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I found out what happens when you don't use sealer with the plenum gasket when installing the aluminum plate. At least I could see it through the throttle body, didn't have to do much head scratching when oil consumption went through the roof.

20150217_105632.jpg

Are you using "Right Stuff" sealer? I can't even get my junk apart when I use that.

Looks like you found out what happens when you reuse an old gasket without sealer and tighten it down more than it was to me. :D

Yep, Right Stuff is one of my favorite go-to sealants/adhesives. Some others, too, depending on what I'm doing. The gasket was new (bought the whole gasket set, bolts and all), but I made the plate. I thought the surface finish might have been a bit too smooth, so I scuffed up the mating surface a bit this time.

My magnum is carbed. never seen the "plenum" or understood what people were talking about. seems like a pain. lol, and a common problem.

Side thought...what's the point of the plenum? like, why don't they just make the intake a solid piece? I'm missing something here...

-
Back