Intake Port Tumble

-
Yall are thinkin too much. Just take it to somebody that knows their horse hockey with portin and drop off some dough. Done deal.

Thinkin' too much? Never been accused of that before :D

Well Moper, good info and thanks. Just eyeballing the guide it would seem that as the air goes past the flat top of the boss on each side, the flat would cause a low pressure area causing turbulence, and maybe that's exactly what's needed to help induce swirl, an area of low pressure. I hope my scratching around with a grinder hasn't done more harm than good, I flunked the class in advanced fluid dynamics back in junior high, was too busy ogling the cheerleaders.

This whole thing has gone way beyond the simple valve job for a 4x4 with factory TBI that I had originally intended. I'll now feel "obligated" to add an aftermarket
4bbl TBI. Like I said before, the next time around I'm buying some decent heads, the hell with all the grinding with questionable results.

Thinkin' too much? Never been accused of that before :D

Like I said before, the next time around I'm buying some decent heads, the hell with all the grinding with questionable results.

Stroker makes a couple valid points:
1. Sometimes overthinking is just worrying about a detail that you won't notice.
2. If it does really bug you pay someone to do it...lol.

-
Back