Intake sequence and torque specs

-

SwingerSteve

Reaction score
Hey guys,, I'm installing a Weiand aluminum intake on my 318,, whats the sequence and torque specs? And going with the cork end seals,, all advice is welcome..

Do a search..... There was a thread last week with tips to install an intake manifold. Or search under the member name "WSUTARD"

Throw those end gaskets in the trash..get yourself a can of "right stuff" put a nice 1/4" fat bead on both block end surfaces,also put some around the water jackets on the heads and the 4 corners where the heads meet the block install intake tighten it down..i like to let em' sit over night before starting the motor..

I tighten from the center out in a circular pattern getting tighter and tighter until freakin tight....I don't use a torque wrench for the intake...we know what bolts feel like.

Might get razed by some, but that's how I do it...

Jeff

35 ft/lbs. start in the middle top-bottom X, then keep going with wider X's. Those crazy bolts in the middle that you cant get a socket on, just go back to them after you do the ends with a torque wrench after you got the feel with a box end.

The gaskets have always worked fine for me...
The intake had the cork ends on it when I took it off the old engine so I figured I'd use em again since they came in the gasket set.. But a lot of the guys here on other posts seem to like the "right stuff".. Gonna take it all in and go from there. I appreciate all the input.

Throw those end gaskets in the trash..get yourself a can of "right stuff" put a nice 1/4" fat bead on both block end surfaces,also put some around the water jackets on the heads and the 4 corners where the heads meet the block install intake tighten it down..i like to let em' sit over night before starting the motor..
I read a post about "the right stuff"..Never heard of it but I'm going to check into it. Thanks
The gaskets have always worked fine for me...[/Q

Look for locator dowels in the block, you dont want to torque down an intake that doesn't have the holes for them! DAMHIK.....

-
Back