intake to carb options

-

anarchy0392

Reaction score
I got a eddy torker intake and was wondering if the thermoquad fits on that intake. If not can you tell me how to find what one does and does not fit on the intake.

The TQ does not for this intake because of the large secondaries. You'll need a Edelbrock or Holley squarebore carb for that intake.

The intakes that will work with the TQ, as in, bolt on and go are the;

'70 and later OE iron
Edelbrock Performer
Weiand Action Plus
MoPars M-1 single plane
Holley Strip Dominator
Holley Street Dominator

The first 3 intakes are dual planes. The Holley Street Dominator is a small runner low level single plane that will work as well as the dual planes.

**** that sucks I know they make adapters that allowed the in proper carb to sit properly on the intake is there one for the thermoquad to torker that you know of?

Lol omg this is so much compared to tuner cars but it will be worth it do you think the intake, adapter, thermoquad, and the black mopar air cleaner will clear the hood if a 73 318 custom

No. But give it a shot.

That adapter is WAY to much! Search around more.

I found one on Amazon a bit cheaper same one part number and all. You think that adapter will make it to tall? Its less than an inch

I think it might be but do not know for sure. Is the engine in the car now? With the intake, carb and air cleaner available to put on it?

Won't have intake until the 3rd and the stock engine is in the car now. But I plan on buying another engine and trans to put in so as to keep the original intact. But I think ill just measure before all the parts once I get them in and measure the stock engine as it sits now.

Purchase some clay. Make tall 5 rectangles. One in the center of the air cleaner on top of the stud. The other 4 put at 12, 3, 6 & 9 O'clock positions.
Close the hood and measure.

If you can, measure the stock set up with the air cleaner installed as if it was on the engine and running. (And if it is, even better)
Use a level and place it on top of the air cleaner in the center. With a tape measure, measure the distance from the top of the block at the front to the underside of the level. Do the same for the rear. Write down these measurements.

Then measure the Torker intake. Use a level and place it in the center where the carb would sit. Measure from the bottom of the front of the intake to the underside of the level. Write it down. Do the same for the rear. Divide by 2 for the manifold height at the center.

With that measurement, add in the crab height, spacer height and the 2 gaskets it will take to seal it. All of this must be added in. If it is less than the hood height clearance, you'll be good to go BUT caution you to take care in closing the hood for the first time. Use clay there again. Close hood slowly.

So long as the Torkers total height with the intended carb and air cleaner are equal or less than the total height of the current set up and the depressed clay used to measure how much room is left over above it, the Torker, TQ and spacers with gaskets are good to go.

It is my *Hunch* that it will not fit. On my '73 Cuda, a TorkerII-360 wod not let a 3/4 inch spacer and a TQ under the dual scoop hood. No air cleaner was used to check this Fitment.

Personally the Torker isn't worth any effort or cost. My 360 ran way better with an early 70's 340/360 cast iron intake. There's one model that flows really well. That permanently shelved the torker. Don't think I'd put on anything unless I was just doing it to sell a motor/car.

BTW: Now run the Performer RPM and love it. Stick with a dual plane. You'll make way more torque which gives you the stoplight power you're likely after.

-
Back