intake weight

-

Cerwin

Reaction score
Does anyone know the weight of a performer RPm intake
compared to a stoke 2bb intake off a 74 360?

or how i could find out via the net??

im trying to find out how much weight im gonig to trim by swapping pieces.
like:
intake
carb
heads
headers
valve covers
water pump and
starter

Thanks in advanced.
Cerwin

I have a cast 4bbl iron manifold. And the RPM airgap. I'll weigh them up.

Stock T-Q bbl, '79 vintage, 51.5 lbs
Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap, 19 lbs
Edelbrock TorkerII, 17 lbs

Switch to RPM weight savings, 32.5 lbs All manifolds have a thermostat and housing installed as well as other hardware like carb studs, pipe fittings and plugs. So it's close, not exact manifold weight, but it's real world weight.
The scale is one you stand on. Accurate????? Close enuff.

acurate enuff is right i just wanted a close number.. thanks dude...

when i peeled the stock one off it was heavy as hell.. and i know that the rpm isnt that heavy...

32lbs.. niiice

Cerwin said:
im trying to find out how much weight im gonig to trim by swapping pieces.
like:
intake
carb
heads
headers
valve covers
water pump and
starter
Cerwin

Carb...not much if not adding weight. I do not have a scale to weight those light weigh parts. But the Carters are aluminum and the Holleys are heavy.

heads & headers...I should have read it all before I put the scale away. I have fully assembled J's and Edelbrocks on the shelf. 318 manifolds and hooker super comps (1-3/4 pipe) Give me a few minutes, I need breakfest.........

Probably add weight with the wrong covers. There not much anyways. Stock water pumps (Late modles, not early 60's or so W/P's) are aluminum. Starters can shave about (I guess) 10lbs or so depending on mini starter brand, but there all very close in size and weight.

rumblefish360 said:
Probably add weight with the wrong covers. There not much anyways. Stock water pumps (Late modles, not early 60's or so W/P's) are aluminum. Starters can shave about (I guess) 10lbs or so depending on mini starter brand, but there all very close in size and weight.

i read somewhere that you could use a starter out of a 93 dorango and it works and looks like the mopar performance mini starter.. could be wrong and could be off on year.. but thats what i heard and plan on doing..

i wonder if that would save some pounds..

Cerwin said:
i read somewhere that you could use a starter out of a 93 dorango and it works and looks like the mopar performance mini starter.. could be wrong and could be off on year.. but thats what i heard and plan on doing..

i wonder if that would save some pounds..

Yes the starter for the Dakota, etc weighs 8 lbs less,
or maybe 9 lbs less than a Short /6 type starter.{what my 273 had in it}

Palladium STARTER PREMIUM PALLD

Part Number: P3258
18.60 lbs
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=QLT&mfrpartnumber=P3258&parttype=123&ptset=A

http://www.partzfinder.com/Mopar_SB_BB_High_Torque_Mini_Starter_p/pfp-17466.htm

This High Torque, Off-set Gear Reduction Mini Starter offers a significant weight savings over an older stock starter; this starter only weighs 8.4 lbs. It fits Mopar Slant 6, SB & BB engines (170-440). It provides 50% more torque than stock starters and weighs less than 8.5 pounds.

NICE. I think I know what I want for my birthday, LOL.

Cerwin, Sorry. Feel asleep after breakfest. (Night worker) than got busy on the engine swap. (See thread on my Duster) Never got to the heads.
I did a partzfinder starter. Thumbs up there.

-
Back