Intake wont fit

-

19scamp71

Reaction score
I'm putting together my 340 engine, went to install my Performer 318 / 360 and it seems to be too high. I'm thinking this might be due to the heads being milled. Can I remove the cork gaskets at the front and back of the manifold and replace with a RTV silicone gasket maker or should I bring the intake back to the machine shop and have it milled?

.................Is the locator pins in the center of the end rails holding the intake up?........lots of ppl use just rtv.......depending on how much ur heads have been milled, u still may be ok.......kim......

.................Is the locator pins in the center of the end rails holding the intake up?........lots of ppl use just rtv.......depending on how much ur heads have been milled, u still may be ok.......kim......

There is no locator pins in the block, the heads have been rebuilt twicw so I think each time they were milled just to clean up.

................Well then u will need to get the intake milled if removing the end gaskets dont work,...........kim........

FWIW, I never use the end gaskets. Silicone only. If your bolt holes center up correctly without and gaskets at all, then measure the gasket thickness and that's about how much you would need to mill the intake.

Single plane intakes sometimes allow one to look down some of the ports and see if there are any port alignment issues. Unfortunately, you only have the bolt holes to go by on dual planes.

-
Back