intenally or externally flywheel

-

TheDeputy

Reaction score
Recently I've bought an eagle 4" stroker crank for my 360. It's supposed to be a cast crank.
Does this mean that I need an externally balanced flywheel or are the newer cast cranks also compatible with internally balanced flywheels?
What's a good (good budgetwise as well) flywheel for a 408. Purely street no strip.

Thanks,

Antoon

Im not exactly sure how to answer your question but if you are building your motor make sure you have all the components balanced at your machine shop.
My ext bal 340 was converted to an internal bal at the time of balancing.

Im sure someone on here will have the right info for you to answer your question correctly

Recently I've bought an eagle 4" stroker crank for my 360. It's supposed to be a cast crank.
Does this mean that I need an externally balanced flywheel or are the newer cast cranks also compatible with internally balanced flywheels?
What's a good (good budgetwise as well) flywheel for a 408. Purely street no strip.

Thanks,

Antoon

i think you can get them both ways. your better off checking the part number and asking the manufacture.

I took another look at the crank and found the part number, 103604000.
A google search provided me with two awnsers, internally and externally.
After visiting the eagle website I found crank 103604000 to be internally balanced (offcourse I have to balance the complete assembly, but now I can search for a flywheel and balancer), but I have send them an email to make sure.

Thanks,

Antoon

I got an awnser back from eagle, and they said this crank is supposed to be balanced internally, so now I know.

Antoon

If You Bring The Rotating Assembly To Be Balanced,
Dont You Need To Give Them The Flywheel And Harmonic Balancer Also .???????
Or If Its An Auto ,the Converter??

Offcourse, along with the pistons and connectingrods, and everything that rotates, but there's a difference in the flywheel and balancer between an internal, and external crank, that's why I needed to know.
Antoon

-
Back