INTENSE VIBRATION 727 Duster!

-
sure, the rear yoke would be sloppy if the pinion bearing were bad.

well heres what happened to me, I installed new u-joints on my ds, with my new motor and I forgot to install the "C" clips on the new u-joints so that my driveshaft was not centered on the rear yoke, and I had the same vibration anytime I went over 45 mph, but that might be too easy, should still check it though, sometimes the easist things are overlooked.

I don't know for sure but the listing for your torque converter says "balanced".
I always thought balanced meant weighted? I run a bm flexplate aslo but with a neutral balanced converter. Meaning no weights. If your converter has weights welded on and your flexplate "is" a scalloped one then it is not right. I of course could be wrong since I am no expert. Just my experience:)

If your at 2300 rpm at the time it starts to vibrate while driving,then if have it i park and rev to 2300 rpm and it doesn't vibrate start looking from the drive shaft back to the diff.Raise the rear diff off the ground with jack stands,then run the care until it vibrates.Could be lots of things bent wheel.bent flange on axle bad drive shaft.Very rare that it is the transmission.:glasses7:

would the rear end have anything to do with vibration?

Yes it could if it has a bad pinion bearing but if that were the case it'd most likely be growling also.

I don't know for sure but the listing for your torque converter says "balanced".
I always thought balanced meant weighted? I run a bm flexplate aslo but with a neutral balanced converter. Meaning no weights. If your converter has weights welded on and your flexplate "is" a scalloped one then it is not right. I of course could be wrong since I am no expert. Just my experience:)

All converters are balanced. If they weren't they'd vibrate. The balance weights on a neutral balanced converter are on the outer perimeter and are generally much smaller and thinner, not the front side as in the case of a converter balanced for a particular externally balanced engine.

-
Back