Interchangeability??

-

Mopar Fan

Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster project that is in need of a whole host of items such as a fender, a door, interior (mostly seats and door panels), a grill, some trim and various other small items.
My question is this: Can I use a 75 Duster as a parts car for most items I need? If not, what parts do NOT interchange? I seem to be having a hard time finding a definitive answer regarding what parts are the same and what parts are different. I realize there may be style differences but I'm not necessarily looking to be year correct.
Thanks,
Tony

Most parts will work but some need to be installed as an assy because the individual parts that make up the assy are different......like the grille, doors, wiring harnesses, emission controls, etc. I'm not sure if the bumpers will mount on the car without modifying something. '73 has solid brackets and '75 uses the shock type mounting.

The 73-76 cars used identical hoods, doors, quarter panels and decklid. Sometime in late 75 or early 76 the right fender was changed at the antenna mount. The fender itself is the same besides that. 1976 was the only year that had a FOOT operated parking brake. 76 cars also had a different wire harness and bulkhead connector.
75-76 cars had a 100 mph speedometer instead of 120. 75-76 cars had different left floorpans due to the catalytic converter. The bumpers and thier mounts changed sometime in 74. I've had late 74s with early style brackets and early 74s with the shock absorber design. Its kooky. Maybe different assembly plants were using up the old stock or there were regional bumper laws similar to Californias stringent air quality regulations?
The grille will physically fit, but is different.

The doors are not identical. They'll interchange as an assembly but the glass, guides, regulator and some of the hardware are different after 9/73 and don't interchange with their later counterparts. The '73-4 grille will interchange with the '75-6 if you include the headlight bezels, park/turn lights, and the latch support.

Doors?
Yeah... I should have been more specific. I WAS referring to the basic stamping, which is essentially UNchanged from 67-76. The 67-72 had the integral steel upper door "pads". The 73-76 models used plastic there.

You can put the 75 doors on your 73. You will have to use the upper window tracks and weather striping from the 75.

-
Back