Interchanging Sail Panels

-

blue missile

Reaction score
I have seen a few metal sail panels for dusters that look like they would work on a 73, but they say 70-72 only. What changed???
Andrew

It went from the bow/cloth to the cardboard yes? what would stop me from using the metal sail panels instead of the plastic ones?
Andrew

Nothing really. You may have to drill a hole or two for the metal sail panels but like the others stated about the cardboard headliner versus the cloth one. You may have to drill holes for the bows too to put a cloth head liner in. In addition you will have to go with 70/72 doors also due to the style being different, different size interior panels and such. This can be done but will require some work but for you this should be a walk in the park from the other stuff you are doing to your car!!
Chas.

The doors should not be important. The interchange book says the doors are interchangeable
The sail panel stops at the B pillar.
Could someone post a pic of the interior view of the sail panel especially of the window area in a 72 duster/demon?
Andrew

I put the panels out of a 72 Demon into my 75 Duster. All the Duster, Demon, Dart Sport sail panels will interchange but in some cases you allso need to use the 1/4 window as the windw latch is a little different between the plastic and metal sail panels.

DusterInterior1.jpg

-
Back