Interesting Doctor visit

-

jeffnmo

Just another Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Went to my monthly Doctor visit the other day and met a guy with a 2017 392 ScatPack Charger, Told me it had 550 horse power and a top speed of 250 mph!!!! Now I'll be the first to admit that I do not know anything about the newer cars so I just listened to what he had to say and left for the ride back home, well who pulls up next to me at the red light, He asks if I want to go I say sure but don't want to here any crap about traction control or something else being wrong if I win, OK I left with three car lengths on him and he could not catch me, I lifted at 120 and he flew by me, he pulled Ito a gas station and I followed, He said he forgot to take it out of 4 cylinder mode???? Now if that is true wouldn't it switch to 8 cylinder when floored, take the damn loss and don't whine. I've done a lot to my car, 1970 340 Dart and told him I'm probably close to 400 H.P. what do you'all think. 4 cylinder mode????

Jeff

Went to my monthly Doctor visit the other day and met a guy with a 2017 392 ScatPack Charger, Told me it had 550 horse power and a top speed of 250 mph!!!! Now I'll be the first to admit that I do not know anything about the newer cars so I just listened to what he had to say and left for the ride back home, well who pulls up next to me at the red light, He asks if I want to go I say sure but don't want to here any crap about traction control or something else being wrong if I win, OK I left with three car lengths on him and he could not catch me, I lifted at 120 and he flew by me, he pulled Ito a gas station and I followed, He said he forgot to take it out of 4 cylinder mode???? Now if that is true wouldn't it switch to 8 cylinder when floored, take the damn loss and don't whine. I've done a lot to my car, 1970 340 Dart and told him I'm probably close to 400 H.P. what do you'all think. 4 cylinder mode????

Jeff
250 MPH is BS My Hellcat is governed at 207 MPH. Or so it seems driving it that fast.

hope you had your boots on!

Boots? Think THESE are what was needed...
833112_MAXCAM_1.jpg

And that s all automatic. the select cylinder mode.
No governor on the Hellcat, it's aerodynamically limited to that speed. My '06 SRT is the same way with it being aerodynamically limited to 176 mph (limit is from HP vs. Drag). It's also why the Charger Hellcat has a faster top speed than the Challenger Hellcat (Charger has less drag).

Only the 5.7L engines have governors on them and that's because of the tire and suspension rating of those packages. The engine can push the car faster than it is capable of handling so they put the governor on to keep it within the handling specs.

Oh yeah, and to the OP...MDS mode (4 cyl) is disabled when the throttle is pushed past a certain point. It is also not "selectable", you can only select to disable it...not leave it on.

Jeff
You won with good ole power to weight

that idiot needs to driving a ricer with a boot up his ***; that's hilarious, I've got a 2011 SRT8 with procharger 6 psi boost, not close to a kitty (yet). was he old enough to have a drivers license?

I wonder if it was even a '17 Scat Pack with a 392 Hemi. Sounds more like a 2017 Daytona with the 5.7L Hemi...

Neons are governed to shut off HARD at 123mph.

Recently rented a 6.4 Challenger and I would not test the top end in that car. I didn't need that kinda headache.

That's all I know.

It had all the badges saying it was a scat pack, Just thought they were faster than that, or my car is faster that I thought! He wasn't a kid, he was an older fella, said he owned lots of older Mopars. I just can't figure out all the bull **** and whining every time I beat one of these guys in their new bought muscle car!!! Man up, ya lost.

Jeff

well my '69 Valiant cuts out around 250mph. I'm going to disable the govenor, but I want to upgrade to a K&N air filter and put my MSD and summit stickers on the window first before I do. Just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit..

Last edited:
Ha! Even if he forgot to 'take it out of 4 banger mode' which is a line of crap, he still lost which is on him. So he is either a) stupid and doesn't know his car, b) lying and is a poor loser, c) should go back to begging for a rolling start at 100 mph.

Pffft.

-
Back