Interesting. The guy ran his dodge on gas fumes..

-
Hey I'll TELL ya what's been "runnin on fumes" and it ain't the engine!!!

Cheech%252B%252BChong%252Bdsn236.gif

Probably could use a flame arrester somewhere
in that system, but hey its a prototype.

How much flame could a couple gallons of
vaporized 87 octane gasoline produce anyway.#-o

I posted because of the possibilities that this could be true...what did he say, a lawnmower ran for 4 or 5 days when run on vapor of a gallon....

and if it is true...then someone has some explaining to do..

interesting....

never heard of the 100mpg carberator?

Vapor Technology?

I heard Tucker had it patented.....but never read/researched much deeper,.

I'm tellin you guys. This is simple. It's called bullshit. And I do NOT mean methane gas

You can put this in the same trash can as all the rest of the YouTube HHO, perpetual motion magnet motors, and other magic "I believe in Tesla" crap

Smokey y 1980's 100 miles to the gallon pont Ferrero 2.5 draw through turbo, heat exchanger to vaporize the gas ,while working for GM ,the USA gov paid them not to produce it ,It would upset the balance of power and national security this is no BS and Smokey had to sign a contract of non disclosure with no pat. rights Its amazing what comes out after someone dies. he thought he was doing his best to help and was screwed in one of his best inventions .Everyone knows of his racing legend but the rest of the world would have put him up there with the Einstein's of our times.

Smokey y 1980's 100 miles to the gallon pont Ferrero 2.5 draw through turbo, heat exchanger to vaporize the gas ,while working for GM ,the USA gov paid them not to produce it ,It would upset the balance of power and national security this is no BS and Smokey had to sign a contract of non disclosure with no pat. rights Its amazing what comes out after someone dies. he thought he was doing his best to help and was screwed in one of his best inventions .Everyone knows of his racing legend but the rest of the world would have put him up there with the Einstein's of our times.

I'm interested, you got any sources for info?

If that could be done with any kind of power and reliability, the automakers would already have produced cars that run that way.
It's a farce. Might get an engine to idle for a few seconds that way, but not enough to drive it like that. Besides, the air/fuel ratio would be so far off the computer wouldn't know whether to **** or get off the pot.

51 miles to the gallon. And the urban legend grows:

I always heard this story was about the little guy mechanic who came up with the "100 mpg carb" during the 50's. Then Esso gas bought the rights and government **** canned the patents all in the name of national security. Funny how stories like this take on a mind of their own with each retelling and "god's honest truth."

Fairy tales start with "once upon a time." Car guy's stories start with this "ain't no bullshit..."

This stuff about Smokey (or anyone else) being bought out by the oil companies, or threatened, or murdered, or having their car confiscated, is pure unadulterated fantasy and bullshit. PERIOD

First of all, don't you think Ford or GM or any of the other big car companies would not have paid DEARLY to have car that would LEGALLY beat - the - snot out of the other guys for mileage??

Second, some of these "research projects" did not have one chance in hell of passing smog tests. Like it or not, they were, and are "with us" and MUST be dealt with.

Third, you can NOT change the laws of physics. There are only so many BTUs in a gallon of gas.

You can convert this BTU into any other energy measurement you find comfort in.......pounds of steam per hour, watts, horsepower, calories, whatever. The fact is, piston, internal combustion engines are only so much and only "ever" WILL BE so much efficient. Unless you can come up with "magic materials" like ceramics which will allow the engine to operate at much higher temperatures, this is never gonna change.

If that could be done with any kind of power and reliability, the automakers would already have produced cars that run that way.
It's a farce. Might get an engine to idle for a few seconds that way, but not enough to drive it like that. Besides, the air/fuel ratio would be so far off the computer wouldn't know whether to **** or get off the pot.

Buddy in the video was driving his truck at road speed...

Buddy in the video was driving his truck at road speed...

You just don't get it, do ya?

This is a lie

This is a farce

This is a fraud

This is not true

"I have this bridge for sale, and I have it on video"

"If it's on the internet, it must be true"

Not saying if I believe or not..just stating was was in the vid.... :)

This is also interesting...too bad he was murdered...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a74uarqap2E"]Stan Meyers water powered Buggy - YouTube[/ame]

Ye, n ya know 'whut? "They" used to turn lead into gold, too................

Pretty much what happens when you vaporize a canister with any kind of intake cleaner. The car will run, but it won't be getting any kind of power, it won't be getting any kind of mileage and the computer usually starts kicking codes left and right as you're pulling the intake cleaner through the vacuum hose going to the brake booster.

There's no idle when you do this. There's high rpm to keep the engine from stalling as you're just pulling liquid from the canister and doing a very, very, rough mixture with air coming down the throttle body. You're definitely not going to be driving it like this.

Sadly, looks intimidating, BUT if what the guy says in that video is true, one of us TRY IT, and see what happens.....Simple as that, its not as tho your gonna "kill" the car, you add a 1 gallon fuel tank, add a few hoses, REMOVE the air filter, and turn off the fuel pump from the cars/trucks ACTUAL fuel tank and see what happens!

Afterall he did "kill" the engine by placing his hand over the "intake" tubes..........IF it doesn't work WHILE ON VIDEO, then its BULLSHIT... what if it does? WE ALL see IT HAPPEN, AS ITS HAPPENING for PROOF that is is real!

If not, we put our car/truck back together and be on our merry way, loss? A 1 gallon gas can.......Can't hurt to try!

-
Back