intergral ball joint drum/disc

-

Muscley MOPAR

Reaction score
im starting my from disc brake swap on my 69 cuda i got spindles from a 78 volare nd yes ive read and studied the slight differences in spindles but anyway i have the ball joint intergrated into the steering arm and the 2 holes that the drum spindle bolt onto dont line up wit my disc spindle they need to be futher apart. so my question is r the drum and disc intergrated ball joint steering arms different as where the hole line up

spindleballjoints.jpg

Volare spindles work ok on your swap, but order up lower ball joints from any of the 73-76 A body line of cars, and your good to go.

Also.
Your gonna be needing the 5/8 diameter bolts, and self locking nuts, from the A body cars, to bolt the ball joints to the spindles.

hey thanks for the qwik reply guys...so apparently either the drum lower ball joint holes are closer together or the earlier years are different

My 66 B body LBJs worked fine (probly the same as 73+ A body), and I had both sets of bolts (5th Ave and Coronet), and just used the longer ones. Didn't need the lock nuts (and saved $12 on that size and thread pitch).

They were hard to find anyway, if you end up needing them, try Ace. I had to go in the back, where they normally don't let people go!

-
Back